Tuesday 17 November 2009

Hi there.

Well, here's my first go at this. The aim is to get myself used to finishing things and pushing the 'publish' button. I've gotten a rather unpleasant view of publishing from working on academic papers. It annoys me. It fatigues me. I don't want to do it. Which is a pity, because I do actually enjoy writing. So maybe this will help me change my mind.

As for the subject... well. Let's just say that my mind wanders. Last week it was working on a children's book 'do worms have brains?' The week before, it was searching for a good 2-hour cooking project for a group of six year olds in a tiny kitchen. The penguin cupcakes came out great. Before that, it was reviewing the definition of a mole and how to teach the concept to a room full of adults with different backgrounds, most of whom are none too comfortable with the math. More on that later...

Is all this science? No. Does it have a proper theme? No.
It's soup.
But the science of everyday life is probably the main flavor.
I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment